Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Starting on my journey

Hi, I have never blogged before, so not sure what is the best way to start. So, if you are reading this, please bear with me as I start this new to me thing. I have read many other people's blogs and enjoy them tremendously.



 I am a mom of two. Married, happily. Not really exciting, generally we like it that way.

 One of our boys is 17 almost 18. Regular challenges, working through them one day at a time. Driving, he had a vehicle, but as we didn't tell him step by step thinking he would have observed the all important items in driving a vehicle it ran out of water and oil thus cracking the heads we think. So Craigs list. Public school, to Charter school tried homeschooling (failed terribly) so back to Charter school to hopefully finish this year. Awesome staff really interested in him as a student and what is best for his (as an individual) future. I am an advocate of them, we just started with them last year, and it was the break my son needed.


 Also have a 9 year old almost 10. We are homeschooling him. Working on our curriculum. I didn't buy one massive one. Rather than doing that the "easy" way. Like I do most things I wanted to do it on my own. Putting one together. Sometimes it seems easy, you know the days that flooooowwww. Then others stop and go stop and go. Finally, just doing what we need to in other areas. He is learning sometimes despite whatever is going on in our household.  Science kits we receive in the mail, Charlotte Mason method in writing and language arts, Scouting as our citizenship, and math, we do a variety of things, from workbooks to math books from the library plus the all mighty Internet, working on using every day items and activities to solidify his knowledge.

Many times over the past year, I wish I had home schooled our older son, but as they say.. "hindsight is 20/20."

No comments:

Post a Comment